One of the most powerful feature of Runtime Workspace is the automatic generation of GST invoices from sales voucher. This means that whenever you create a sales voucher, it automatically generates an invoice behind the scenes. There are a lot of options to control and customize the invoices.
Let’s see how you can create a sales voucher and view the automatically created GST invoices.
Begin with creating a sales voucher. To do so, open the accounting application, open ‘Vouchers’ menu and click on ‘Add New Voucher’ as shown below:
By default, the ‘Sales’ voucher will be pre-selected. If not, click on ‘Sales’ button from voucher types to select ‘Sales’ voucher.
The various parts of a sales voucher screen are explained below:
- Voucher Date: This is the voucher date and same will be displayed on GST or non GST Invoices as Invoice date
- Reference #: This is for your internal reference and does not display on invoice.
- Due Date: When entering sales voucher, due date is mandatory. It is also displayed on Invoice as Due date.
- Place of Supply: This is the state of your customer. Select from a list of Indian states.
- Sale Type: Select from following options:
- Taxable (Taxable under GST),
- Zero Rated (Exports),
- Exempted (Where goods or services are exempted from GST),
- Nil Rated (Where goods or services are taxed at Nil rate under GST)
- Non GST – In case you are not registered under GST or where goods or services are outside the purview of GST regime
- Customer: Here you can enter name of your customer. If you have already imported list of your customers, you can type a few characters to search for your customer and select from list of possible matches.
- GST Status: This is the GST Status of your customer. Select from ‘Registered’, ‘Composition’, ‘UIN Holder’, or ‘Unregistered’.
- GST #: Enter your customer’s GST number here, in case you have selected ‘Registered’, ‘Composition’ or ‘UIN Holder’ in GST Status
- Clicking on the button with 3 bars will open additional fields (optional) to enter customer information.
- Clicking on ‘More’ button will show additional options to configure your Invoice. These are described in below sections.
Additional customer information fields:
More options for customizing Invoice
Let’s talk about more options shown above to customize your invoice:
- PO Date: Enter Purchase Order date if this sales is generated against a customer PO
- PO #: Enter Purchase Order number if this sales is generated against a customer PO
- Title: This text is printed on top of Invoice. For GST Invoices, you can select ‘GST Invoice’ and for non GST Invoices, you can select ‘Invoice’ or ‘Tax Invoice’ as per your preference or applicable laws.
- Credit Note: If the voucher you are entering is a credit note against a sales voucher issued in past, select the check box ‘This is a Credit Note’, select reason for issuing the credit note from dropdown list and enter original Invoice # in next field. This information is used to generate GSTR-1 report
- Terms and Conditions: Enter sales terms and conditions. These will be printed on Invoice. You can use this to specify payment terms, bank details etc.
- E-Commerce Sale: Select if this sale is made on an e-commerce portal
- SMS Reminders: Select to send SMS reminders to customer’s mobile number if the invoice remains unpaid on due date. (See Note 1 below)
- E-Mail Reminders: Select to send E-Mail reminders to customer’s mobile number if the invoice remains unpaid on due date. (See Note 1 below)
- Online Payments: Select to activate online payment of your invoices. Your customer can pay using online payment gateway and we will remit the funds to your bank account. (See Note 2 below)
- Mark Paid: Once you collect payment for this invoice, check ‘Mark Paid’ and save the voucher.
- SMS and E-Mail reminders are sent at fixed intervals as follows:
- 7 days before due date
- One the due date
- 7 days after due date
- Online Payments: You need to enable online payment collection for your account before you can activate this feature. To do so, go to Settings > Online Payments. There, you need to activate the service and enter your bank account details to remit funds. The remittances are subject to deduction of collection charges as mentioned on our pricing page.
We hope that the above guide will help you create and send professional GST Invoices to your customers, quickly and easily. Let us know your feedback on this service.
- Login to Runtime Workspace: https://www.runtimeindia.com/app/